Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hymy huulella!!!!


"Hymy huulela...Juhlatuulella" is Finnish for "I have fallen behind in my blogging, but I'm back so let's celebrate!".  The postcards are gaining on me and I must catch up. Besides, you've missed me, I know you have.

To show off my bilingualality, I will translate another card for you.


This card from Germany says "Wenn der Ball am Torwart vorbei geht, ist es meist ein Tor", which means "When the ball gets by the goalkeeper, he is in deep doo."  You can see the two club owners discussing whether to behead the goalkeeper or simply make him do without supper. The goalkeeper pretends to be unconcerned.


Did you know that Singapore's most famous symbol and mascot is The Merlion - part fish and part lion? This one obviously ate something that didn't agree with him.


This is the inside of a Merlion's stomach.  My bad - wrong postcard. This is actually a famous organ in a cathedral in Gdansk, Poland.


Ah, laundry day. "The Old Bridge" painted by Hubert Robert (1733-1808).  The building on top of the bridge also seems to have an upset stomach. Obviously this is today's theme.


To end on a lighter note, here is a card from the International Balloon Fiesta in Bristol, England.

I must go now. I'm feeling a little gassy.

I just noticed something. Google places ads below my blog posts based on the topics I have written about. Today I see I have ads for dog bloat and digestive upsets. Be sure to click for more information on dog bloat.

No comments: