I'm pretty sure that most of my two readers live in the Northern Hemisphere, where it is most likely summer - unless you live in Oregon, where it's an iffy proposition from one day to the next. However, in case I should develop a large following in New Zealand, I thought today's post would be appreciated.
Yes, it is now winter in New Zealand, and for all I know it's Wednesday as well.
If you have absolutely no fear of injury or death, you really should consider Mt. Ruapehu, on New Zealand's northern island, as a vacation spot. The following checklist should be used to decide if you are a good candidate for this destination. You must answer "No" to each of the following questions in order to qualify as a Raupehu visitor.
- Do you have any concerns about the dangers of skiing?
- Do you have any concerns about being on one of the world's most active volcanoes?
- Does walking on icy glaciers make you edgy?
- Are you easily chilled?
- Do you run slowly when chased by lava?
- Would anyone miss you if you did not return home?