Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Here!!

Shh...  Don't tell anyone but I think summer has finally come to Salem, Oregon.  I will probably regret saying that, but it's looking good today.

Malcolm has been a house cat since his bump-up with an automobile a couple of summers ago, so he asked me to go outside and take some photos. It's hard to say "no" to Malcolm when he gives me that look.  He used to be pretty good with a camera himself, until he got grounded.


First of all, the roses.  Huge this year.


I'm not sure what this is, but I like it. Something rhody-ish or azalea-ish probably.


The blueberries are beginning to turn blue. Very healthy eating. Until I put them in decadently rich muffins with struesel topping, when they simply become part of something else I shouldn't eat.


The cherries are starting to get pinkish. These are sweet cherries and so good. Thank goodness they aren't pie cherries or I'd have to bake pie.


Days like this make me want to be more of an outdoorsy person - gardening, hiking, photography, biking.  So what am I doing?  Sitting inside writing about it.  It sometimes seem hopeless. I should never have had this computer surgically attached.

I'm new to taking video, so this is a little rough, but if you'd like to see Clyde (my brother's parrot, whom we are baby-sitting for a month), here's your big chance. Rusti wrote a special song for Clyde and he sings (?) along, completely off-key.  But then Rusti's a little off-key herself.

No comments: