Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trader Joe's mania


Can you do this? I can't yet, but I'm working toward it gradually. I'm starting by grabbing my elbows.

I received the above card from Russia, and the sender did a fantastic job of fitting nine postage stamps on the reverse.


From Belarus, I have a card showing some men who apparently had some sort of a disagreement. It must have been very hard fighting inside a tin can. I'd have been grumpy too.


Next, from Mexico, a mural of an Aztec market painted by Diego Rivera. It was Double Coupon Day at the market and there was also a big sale on cantaloupes.


Here's the site of the new Trader Joe's that's coming to Salem in June. Well, the actual location is going to be on Commercial Street but we are all so excited that we would probably climb a mountain if necessary. This scene was painted by the Italian Andrea Mantegna (1431-1506).



Quiz time! Do you know where Sabah is? Tick, tick, tick...... Wrong! It is one of the Indonesian member states and is located on the northern portion of the island of Borneo. Probably a very interesting, exotic place to visit, if you keep your head about you. Here's a map to help you get around, although it doesn't seem to include the Trader Joe's locations.


The last card for today was posted in New Zealand with a "glow-in-the-dark" stamp. A light beam shines from the lighthouse if you view the stamp in the dark. It's a good thing the sender told me about the stamp or I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed. Now I take all my stamps into a dark room to look at them.





No comments: