Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A big thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks to all you nice folks who have been reading my blog. This is my "silly" outlet - sharing my mail and my lopsided view of the world with you.


Today's post has no particular theme except that I find all the cards interesting in some way. I hope you do too.

When I got this next card I assumed it was from Russia and was surprised to turn it over and see that it was from Hong Kong. I think some people are just out to confuse me. From what I can tell, this card celebrates the 40th anniversary of the 1917 Bolshevik revolution. If you missed this event, you can watch an old British black & white newsreel to see the festivities.


A great advancement for Australia's wheat farmers occurred when the new McKay Works Sunshine stripper-harvester was introduced and the laborious process of winnowing the grain from the chaff was automated. The Australian farmers celebrated and celebrated.....well, I can't even begin to tell you what they did.


Would you like to have your fortune told by Madam Furrpants? Just hold out your paw....


Madam Furrpants says you WILL take your medicine, and you WILL return soon to read more of this blog. Or else.






No comments: