Saturday, September 04, 2010

First sign of autumn

What a beautiful day it was here today. While watering in the front yard this morning, I noticed that a few of the leaves on the blueberry bush are starting to change color. So I gently ripped off a branch (sorry, B.B.), ran inside, and stuck the branch in my scanner.  What??  Isn't that what everyone does when they see interesting leaves?
I still haven't completely come to terms with Photoshop Elements 7.0, but after an hour or so of trial and error (mostly error) I came up with my own homemade postcard to celebrate the changing of the seasons.
Although it needs some more work, I'm relatively pleased with the results, so I'll probably be outside ripping apart some other defenseless plant tomorrow.
I got a couple of cool cards in the mail today.  Don't look at this next one unless you are prepared to spend some money, because once you see this new invention you will definitely want to buy one.
This, my friends, is the luxurious air turbo head-massaging machine:
Thanks to Rebekah for this great card!  What is so impressive is that it is possible to drink, nosh and smoke with your husband (or a complete stranger) while having your head massaged.  Imagine the fun if you both had a Giant Gummy Bear on a Stick!! You want one now, don't you?
From Denmark comes this graphically interesting but largely incomprehensible card. I don't know what it means, but I really like it.
Time for some sleep.  I have a big day of plant vandalism ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments: