Friday, July 29, 2011

Beware of ducks on scooters

My friend Vincent is annoyed with me because I haven't had an "art card" day in a while. So to appease him, and to keep him from cutting anything else off, today shall be such a day. Not all necessarily "fine art", although I happen to think all of today's pictures are fine. Let's hope this cheers Vincent up a bit.
Vincent appears to have been playing with the lipstick again. He really does need some help. He should get out and go dancing.


I really like this painting. It's called "Interior with reading woman" by Dutch painter Pieter Janssens Elinga [1623-1682]. This woman took up reading when a neighbor borrowed her TV set and never returned it.

Here is a very nice street scene on a card I received from Latvia. Unfortunately I can't make out who the artist was. If any of you can supply this information, I'll send you a postcard. Whether you need one or not.

Now let's sail from the fine art world into art that just makes me smile. I hope it has the same effect on you.

I know you probably get tired of my frequent safety tips, but this is really important. While driving, should you encounter a duck on a scooter, DO NOT race him! He is a speed-loving, web-footed danger on the highway.


For a change, it is not raining here in Oregon, but if it was I'd want to huddle under an umbrella with some good friends like these. This was drawn by Czech artist Zdeněk Miler.

OK Vincent, how'd I do?








No comments: