Thursday, July 07, 2011

Summer in your heads!

Buckle up, we're off again! Today I'm going to focus on postcards of old black & white photographs. Not colorful, but very interesting from an historical standpoint. I promise to finish off this post with a big blast of color!

 Franklin Delano Roosevelt at the Empire State Building, 1931.

Broadway, New York, 1910

New York's Fifth Avenue from Central Park, 1952

A breakdown during the New York Auto Race, 1908.

A new television is placed in a mobile home, 1954.

Building the Empire State Building, New York, 1930.  Another of those jobs I wouldn't want.
 
All of the above cards come from a mostly black & white postcard book called "I'm Moving - What a Time We Had!: Celebrating the 20th Century". 
 
I received the next card from Hong Kong but can't read Chinese so I don't know what is in the picture. Well yes, water and boats, of course I know that.
 

OK, are you ready for the promised blast o'color? Can't get much sunnier than this!

This cutie just arrived today from The Netherlands. Although I think it sounds better in Dutch, the English translation is "I have summer in my head".

I hope you all have summer in your heads, even those of you below the equator!

No comments: