Saturday, October 14, 2006

Night 1: Crossville TN

Hi all,

We had perfect weather for our first day of traveling. The colors in the Smoky Mountains are a little subdued this year but still beautiful. We both found ourselves feeling a little nostalgic about leaving all this behind, but not nostalgic enough to turn around and go back.

We didn't get away from Charlotte until about 10 am. It took us that long to get everything crammed into the Santa Fe. For a while it looked like I was going to have to be tied to the luggage rack.

Malcolm turned out to be a better traveler than I expected. He yowled for the first 100 miles or so, then took a nap. For the rest of the day he alternated between yowling and napping, with the naps getting gradually longer. He even drove for a little while. By the time we got to the motel tonight, I had more cat hair on me than Malcolm did.

I'm having internet connection problems in the motel tonight and I'm not even sure I will be able to get this posted. I had a couple of photos that I wanted to include, but have had no success getting them uploaded. I hope to be able to include some pictures with tomorrow's post.

No comments: