Monday, August 02, 2010

Different views


Junior (above) is just peeking in to say hi. Me too.

Today I'm going to share some of the multi-view cards I've collected. I have mixed feelings about this type of card.  Sometimes I think it's nicer to see one large photo rather than several small ones.  On the other hand, seeing several views at once gives a better overall idea of a place.

I wonder if anyone makes multi-view postcards of all the ugly parts of a city or country. I think I'll work on making a multi-view card of all the places you don't want to visit in Salem, Oregon.

What is it about cities at night that makes them so beautiful?  Duh......it's the lights!  Here's a multi-view of München (Munich) at night.


This is a card I received just yesterday from Bojan in Varaždin, Croatia. He has his own Postcrossing site where you can see still MORE postcards.


For a complete change of scenery, let's head way south to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Wait...I have to put on some samba music first.


I'm trying to induce jet lag.  Now we're headed back to Finland. Lapland to be exact, most of which lies north of the Arctic Circle. Just what you need after leaving sunny Brazil.


And while we're visiting Finland, let's take a look at some more of its beautiful scenery.



And now back to where we started today: Germany.  The first card shows the town of Haiger and the second the town of Halle, which is where George Frideric Handel was born (Hallelujah! Hallelujah!)



Have you ever had a migraine headache?  I haven't had one in years but I still remember the feelings I'd get prior to one.  It felt like this:


Must be time to stop for the day. I'm revisiting illnesses of the past - never a good sign.

No comments: