Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The Merry Month of May

Hello, postcard lovers! Ready for another whirlwind trip around the globe? Let's start in China with a card about Peking (or Beijing) opera, one of China's cultural treasures.


I recently got another card to add to my map card collection. This one is from the Lüneburger Heide area of Germany, south of Hamburg. It looks like there is lots of great architecture to see there.


And here's one more from Germany, this time from Sonsbecker Ansichten.  I wish I knew how to pronounce these German names.


Here's something from my "Don't Try This At Home" collection. This is a student from a clown school in Lisbon, Portugal, giving a little performance on a city street. I believe the Latin inscription in the background says, "Whatever you do, don't look down".


Today I got still another Kaj Stenvall duck card but unfortunately it was damaged in transit from Finland. However, a damaged Stenvall duck is better than no duck at all, so I will definitely keep the card. Just pretend there is no big ugly white line right down the middle of the card.


When you wish upon a star tonight, make a wish that my future ducks will arrived undamaged.

This card is courtesy of Maria in Germany.


And don't stand barefoot in the snow.

No comments: